Many Muslims from around the globe seek to learn Quran recitation either for themselves or for their children. It’s an amazing spiritual & physical journey full of rewards and blessings from Allah (SWT).
In this article, you’ll get to know:
- What is Quran Recitation?
- What are The 10 Styles of Reciting Quran?
- What are The Benefits of Reciting the Quran?
- How to Learn to Recite Quran?
Quran Recitation Definition
“Recitation” comes from the verb “recite” which means to say something you’ve memorized or a formal reading of some verse(s) before an audience.
Accordingly, “Quran Recitation” refers to the act of reciting verses (ayat) of the Holy Quran out loud whether depending on summoning from memory or direct reading from the book of Allah (SWT).
There are 10 ways of reciting the Qur’an called “The Ten Qirats”, where the wording may differ but the meaning is the same. If there is a different meaning then it is by way of variations on a theme, not opposing and contradiction.
What Are The 10 Qiraat?
The Ten Qirats are the ten famous methods of the recitations of the Holy Quran by the famous authority chains holders.
Each Qirat derives its name from the famous Rawi (The reciter who narrates it with an established and authenticated chain) and has its own rules of recitation and tajweed.
Here are the names of the ten Qira’ats :
- Naafi’ Al-Madani
- Ibn Katheer Al-Makki
- Abu Amr Al-Basri
- Ibn Aamir Ash-Shami
- Asim al-Kufi
- Hamzah Al-Kufi
- Abu Ja’far Al-Madanee
- Yaqub ibn Al-Basri
Benefits of Reciting Quran
Allah (SWT) said in the Quran:
[This is] a blessed Book which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], that they might reflect upon its verses and that those of understanding would be reminded.The Holy Quran [38:29]
Muslims earn countless benefits & rewards for reciting the Quran with understanding, especially if it’s performed on a daily basis. Some of these benefits:
- The Quran we recite will intercede for us on the Day of Judgment.
- When a Muslim recites Quran, it affects the heart and purifies it by cleaning it from all the impurities that stick on it.
- Recitation of Quran is a smart way to earn so many good deeds in a short-time; each letter you recite from the Quran brings you a good deed and each deed is multiplied by ten.
- Quran recitation can initiate a sort of conversation with Allah (SWT).
- Fulfill the religious duty of reciting the Quran with understanding.
- Recitation of the Holy Quran is the best cure for issues like stress and anxiety.
- Those who recite the Quran with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then they will have twice its rewards.
How to Learn Quran Recitation?
The importance of reciting the Holy Quran the right way is immense! That’s why you should take Quran Recitation Course at Quran Ayat to master the recitation of the Quran with different famous Qiraat.
You will learn how to correctly recite the Quran in the way as reported by the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). You will start from the short Surahs to the longest ones. In addition, you will be trained on recitation according to the Tajweed rules.
Our Quran Tutors will help you get familiar will all the basics, revise your concepts, revisit the wrong concepts you might have acquired from elsewhere, and then correct them.
5 Tips to Improve Your Recitation of Quran
- Recite as much as you can
Recite Qur’an as frequently as you can. The more you perform it, the more you excel at it. Shortly, you’ll be reading an unfamiliar page in the same amount of time you used to take to read a couple of lines.
- Insert Quran recitation in your daily life routine
Without a doubt, the best way to build a new habit is to link it with an already existing one. You need to link the habit of reciting the Quran in Arabic with something you already do every single day without fail. Something like brushing your teeth, or putting your clothes on in the morning.
- Learn Quranic vocabulary
The key to the whole process of understanding the Quran is to learn Quranic vocabulary lists. If you learn around 300 words, that accounts for about 70% of the entire Quran. But you need to learn the right words.
- Listen to seasoned reciters
Do you have a favorite reciter of the Holy Qur’an like Sheikh AbdulRahman as-Sudais or Mishary Alafasy? Follow their recitation and use it to practice your own recitation. You will learn how they pronounce certain words and how they undulate their voice to bring out that recitation that moves the heart.
- Use the Mus’haf (Hard Copy of Holy Quran)
The mus’haf is the hard copy of the Holy Qur’an and you will find that it helps you stay in line with the tajweed rules that improve your Qur’anic recitation. This should be used concurrently with whatever online class or mobile application that you are using to improve your recitation.
3 thoughts on “Learn Quran Recitation”
I am very excited to learn Qur’an from the best .
Pingback: Learning Quran Recitation#1 - Quran-Teaching
Pingback: Learn Noorani Qaida Online Fast & Easy | Quran Ayat1